Wednesday, February 8, 2006

How do things work?

As I sit here throwing out my cassette music tapes from the 80's & 90's, it leaves me wondering...how exactly do they work?  Oprah had an episode where this guy explained how the tv & phones work...which is amazing.  But how do video & audio tapes work?  And who invented them?  As you can see, I have way too much time on my hands this week.  :)  And you're probably wondering why does this chick still have cassette music tapes from the 80's?  I have noooooooooo idea!

I took this week off from work.  I needed a little R&R, plus I wanted to get all of my continuing education stuff taken care of.  I'm all set for nursing, but I also have a building contractors license & a real estate license. I'm so dynamic, aren't I?  Haha!  Renewal is every 2 years, but it seems like I was just doing all of this continuing education stuff.  Oh well...just have to get it done.  Luckily it can all be done online (yet another thing that I don't understand how it works...the internet). 

I also got hooked on the tv show "24."  I kept hearing about how great it was.  I'm not much of a Kiefer Sutherland fan, so I skipped it when the show first started.  After constantly hearing about how great it was...I decided I must see for myself.  Needless to say, I'm hooked & I like Kiefer now.  If you haven't seen it....rent it sometime. 

I still haven't made a decision as far as what my next step in nursing is.  I talked with an old classmate about agency nursing.  She says she got called off/cancelled a lot & usually at the last minute.  I don't want that.  Do I stay in my comfort zone for another year or take a chance & venture out?  I suppose I could do both - I'm just waiting for clarity to arrive.  I've had agencies calling & the latest is some dialysis company wanting to know if I want to do travel dialysis.  Ummm, no. 

Did I mention that a couple of weeks ago I was messing around with the radio at work - moving it around to try to get better reception & I accidentally set off the code blue alarm?  Ooops!  My bad!  That won't happen again...lol.

I had a JCAHO meeting type thing yesterday.  It seems like such a waste of time.  The information is good, but we get so tired of it being thrown at us repeatedly.  And if I hear one more time "Wash your hands", I'll scream.  My hands are so dry from the constant handwashing.  I've got it so drilled in my head, that I find myself washing my hands even when I haven't touched anything or anyone!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! 

No comments: