Sunday, July 15, 2007

Regrets???

I cannot believe it's already the middle of July! Where has the time gone? I've been back from vacation for a month now. It feels like I never even went on one!!!

Shay is keeping me quite busy - like right now she's not happy I'm online. She is a small bundle of energy! There are some days I do feel a sense of regret getting her - only because I've gotten so used to not having this type of responsibility. She sleeps a lot, but also requires a lot of attention as well as going out practically every hour while she is awake. She's young - not quite 10 weeks old. A mix between german shephard & lab. She looks like Jagger at times, which is a nice reminder, but also a sad one. I still miss him so much. He was like a baby to me, but this one isn't feeling the same way. Perhaps with time & when she's a few months older & not so needy it will get better. But then I also think - maybe I should consider giving her away while she's still so little & cute. I don't know. I am the worst when it comes to any type of change - even good change.

I have my brother watching her on the days/nights that I work and as soon as she's had all of her shots, I'll put her in doggy daycare for the days/nights that I work. 13 hours is just too long to leave a dog - especially a puppy at home alone. I could get a doggy door, but I still think it's way too many hours to be left alone. She'll like socializing with other dogs and I'll have peace of mind that my house isn't going to be a disaster when I get home.

Ok, I better go & spend some more time with her. I will catch up soon with work & all that fun stuff. Have a good week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its better to adopt a dog who already has all the bad habits broken out of them
Dang I would of sent you my chihuahua if you wanted a dog
donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

I am sure she will like doggy day care. It's hard to have a puppy but well worth it in the end. If you do decide to get rid of it, doing it while it's still so young and cute is a good idea.