Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Few Changes Here & There

I've been trying to make a few changes recently...and after just now rereading my last 8 or so posts....I certainly need the changes. I'm trying to eat better & exercise. It definitely hasn't been easy....my mind is constantly thinking of all the fast food I've avoided for the last 2 weeks. So much of losing weight is psychological....lightbulb moment. I've also started taking walks...starting off slow...like a mile or two daily. I plan to work up to more, but know better than to overdo it in the beginning & jinx myself entirely. Besides...my toe that I injured a couple of weeks ago is still sore...so it's a reminder that I need to not overdo it. I wish it would hurry up & heal!!!

I know I won't be 100% good at making the right choices when it comes to eating & exercising...but these little changes will hopefully multiply & result in more energy while losing some weight. And maybe my memory will get better...haha...one can wish, can't they?

I've been at this for just about 2 weeks & have lost around 7 or 8 lbs. I have a long way to go...but it's a start, right? I'll keep you updated on my progress.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

WOW that's a lot of weight! Good for you! You've got me motivated now LOL!
Have a good day!

Amanda said...

8 pounds is awesome!! Way to go!!!

Helene said...

That is an amazing amount of weight to lose in such a short time. Just start with small baby steps and you'll reach your goal!!