Sunday, December 6, 2009

Vacation Time

I'm officially on vacation. Well, I have been technically since last Tuesday at 11:30 pm. I was sick Wednesday night & now I'm off until Dec. 14th. Niceeee! I'm going to attempt to get all Christmas shopping completed AND wrapped before the end of the week. I don't want to even think dealing with crowds or what to get people after my vacation is over. Actually I guess it's called a staycation as I'm not going anywhere. Just gonna enjoy some family time, friend time & time to myself until Dec 14th. Then it's back to work.

I've been needing this time off. The patients are so very complicated and physically exhausting as well as mentally as it seems like we have 3948023 things to think about on a nightly basis.

On a very sad note....my Florida Gators were defeated earlier tonight. It wasn't pretty...there were tears....mine & Tim Tebow's. :) I'm gonna miss seeing that guy lead the Gators. He'll go to the NFL, but I don't think he'll have quite the influence he does right now. He's an amazing man for only being 22.

On a good note...I saw an amazingggggg movie yesterday. It is The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw. It's one of those feel good movies that makes you feel even better because it's a true story. Bring tissues....you'll be crying happy tears & for once, it's nice to hear something positive in this world.

Sorry, gotta mention it just so it's documented in my blog when I look back one day...but Tiger Woods.....HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU JUGGLE 4 AFFAIRS (possibly more) AND A MARRIAGE, CHILDREN AND A SUCCESSFUL CAREER??? Never in a million years did any of us see this coming. I understand it's a private matter....but come on...4 affairs (or more)? He's only been married for 5 years! I don't blame his wife for attacking his car with a golf club. Ok, enough said.

I had lunch this past Friday with some of my current co-workers & some of my past co-workers from the hospital I quit. NOTHING has changed over there. Wait...it has gotten worse, if that's possible. And by the sounds of it...it's going to get even worse in the next few months. It's that administration. A majority of the clinical leaders have left and a majority of their experienced nurses have left. They are hiring more grad nurses to make up for it. Sigh...so glad I left at the beginning.

Speaking of leaving....it has been nearly 6 months since I left. Time has flown by! Kind of like this night has. Time for me to get some sleep. Stay warm everyone...have a GREAT week!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Six months already? Wow! Enjoy your time off. You deserve it!