Sunday, October 9, 2011

Nightmare Continues

Yep...same old stuff at work. We have Jcaho & Ahca doing inspections....well, they are due to randomly show up & inspect. So all the administration is on edge, because if we don't pass inspection...we don't get reimbursed by medicare. Such a crock. Needless to say, so much time is spent on paperwork now that I get very little time for actual patient care. Is this what healthcare is coming to? All paperwork to cover our butts & very little nurse-to-patient interaction. I'm trying to just roll with it & hoping that once the inspections are complete, life will return to normal. Time will tell.

I got back from my Caribbean cruise last Saturday. I'm a little depressed. I miss the life of luxury where all you think about is what to eat or drink. Nothing else. Sigh. Meanwhile, I'm already planning my next cruise. I believe it will be in December.

I still have my cold. Yep, this sucker isn't going away. It's been like 7 weeks now that it has dragged on. Right before the cruise, all the congestion from my throat area moved up into my sinuses. That has been a lot of fun, let me tell you. Nothing like not being able to breathe while you sleep & non-stop coughing! I have tried nearly everything to no avail. I got a prescription for Flonase today. Everyone keeps telling me it is great for stuffy noses. So far I don't notice any change, but they tell me it takes a few days. Meanwhile, my doctor wants me to drink whiskey. Seriously? Yep, seriously. I can't do it. The thought of it makes me nauseous.

It has been raining here pretty much non-stop for the last 48 hours. I'm tired of it. Someone turn it off. I work tomorrow night & am praying I don't have to drive in it.

I'm still working part-time. Two days is more than enough for me to be at work. Especially with this sickness that won't leave my side. I do need to get focused though. Like if I'm not going to work as much, I should at least be working out at home & getting my act together. All I seem to do is come home & sleep or watch tv. I'm yawning now...but making myself stay up so I can sleep during the day before work. Ahhh, the life of a nightshift nurse. Exciting, huh??? :)

I did have a fun date last weekend. We watched the Florida Gators lose miserably, but we still managed to have fun. I don't know what the future holds, but it is nice to have a connection with someone. Ahhh, jb. :)))

I work Sun & Mon...then off until the following Sunday. I vow to clean my house really good & start exercising....starting Tuesday...lol.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!!!!!

No comments: