Saturday, April 8, 2006

Soul2Soul II

Wishes do come true!  For those of you that don't know who or what Soul2Soul II is....it's Tim McGraw & Faith Hill in concert.  For weeks I've been checking out tickets on Ebay for their concert in Jacksonville & St. Pete all the while hoping they would come to Orlando.  Well......guess what...they added on another show & they'll be here Saturday June 3rd & guess who has great seats?  Me!  Thank you TicketMaster!!!!  I cannot wait to go.  Tim McGraw is my favorite singer & I like Faith a lot too.  This is going to be great.  Yes, I did see his special on tv last night & I also have his latest cd.  The man is just incredible!  I can't wait for his movie to come out...My Friend Flicka.

I worked Tues & Wed this week.  I've been debating about whether to work tonight, but I think I'll just take it easy (as usual).  It was a decent week...no real emergencies.  The only thing that really stands out is the first night I got an older gentleman that as soon as night came, he sort of lost it.  I was told by the day nurse that he was perfectly fine all day long...I walk into him wanting to get out of bed to get a hamburger & to go see his broker.  We manage to get a posey vest on him although that makes matters even worse.  He's yelling & swearing & threatening the staff.  Luckily he was med/surg status & a bed opened up.  I called report & we moved him down to med/surg.  The med/surg nurses were not happy...they tried to send him back, but that didn't work. I told my tech that we had to get out of there quickly & we did.  I already had two other confused patients, I did not want this one back.  Luckily, my other two patients were pleasantly confused & not yelling out or trying to get out of bed like this one. 

I also attended an "I-connect" meeting...it's the new computer system that we are going to be changing over to.  I'm happy about it.....I'm all for less handwriting & more typing as well as more time to spend with the patients.  Anyone out there have any experience with it?  What do you think of it? 

I have a somewhat busy week next week.  I work Sunday & will probably pick up Tues & Thurs.  I have my nephew's baseball games on Mon & Wed.  On Saturday I'm taking my niece to Libby Lu's (makeovers for girls...http://www.clublibbylu.com/) with her best friend to reward her for doing well in school.  She got 5 A's & 2 B's on her latest report card. 

I've been working out with my friend Kelly at the YMCA.  We've been at it about a month now...I keep losing & gaining the same 6 lbs.  Not fair!  We do weights & then a cardio class on Mon, Wed & Fri.  It's entertaining to say the least.  Much more fun when you have someone to joke around with.  I saw an infomercial about "Turbo Jam" last night...it looked like an interesting work out.  I have a bunch of Tae Bo cd's, but I'm looking for something different.  Any opinions? 

Now that I got up to get my concert tickets...I'm going back to bed for a nap.  Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun seeing Tim and Faith!  I bet it's going to be a great show!  Be sure to post about it!  I'd love to see them in concert someday!  

I have a bunch of Tae Bo workouts and I'm burned out on them. I saw part of the informercial for Turbo Jam the other morning and it looked interesting.  Let me know if you try the workouts!  I would like to try something different too, but don't know what!

Have a great week!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

My hospital is also going to the I connect system for charting.  I'm also looking forward to it as I'm used to computer charting from nursing school.  The program that floor nurses have to use is way more involved then the one in the ER that I'll be using.  

Congratulations on scoring some awesome tickets to the Tim and Faith concert.  I really like them too.  

Anonymous said...

I purchased TurboJam and it is awesome. The videos are easy to understand and Chalene's energy keeps you going!

check out the success stories on http://www.beachbody.com

you can check out my blog at http://clashyclassy.blogspot.com

If you look in the Blog for "Turbo Jam" you'll probably find alot of results :)

check it out. You'll thank yourself for it.

Rach