Friday, October 31, 2008

70 Things

I'm not sure everyone wants to know this much about me, but here goes...

70 THINGS YOU PROBABLY DON’T KNOW ABOUT ME

1. DO YOU SNORE? - I hope not!

2. ARE YOU A LOVER OR A FIGHTER? - Lover

3. WHAT’S YOUR WORST FEAR? - Losing someone close to me

4. AS A KID, WERE YOU A LEGO MANIAC? - I wouldn't quite classify myself as a maniac, but I did like my legos - I used to build a hospital all the time, no joke...lol

5. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF “REALITY” TV?- I like it, well most of it

6. DO YOU CHEW ON YOUR STRAWS? - Nope

7. WERE YOU A CUTE BABY? - Oh yes...lol

8. IS THE SINGLE LIFE FOR YOU? Since I'm still single, I'd have to say yes...but it would be nice to meet someone wonderful

9. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR KEYBOARD? grey

10. DO YOU SING IN THE SHOWER? - Nope

11. HAVE YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMPED? - No way

12. ANY SECRET TALENTS? - Uh huh...shhh, it's a secret

13. WHAT’S YOUR IDEAL VACATION SPOT? - a nice beach

14. IS JAY LENO FUNNY? - He can be

15. CAN YOU SWIM? - Yes, since the age of 4 I believe

16. HAVE YOU SEEN THE MOVIE “DONNIE DARKO”? - Yes, long time ago & don't ever plan on watching it again

17. DO YOU GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE OZONE? - Yes

18. HOW MANY LICKS DOES IT TAKE TO GET TO THE CENTER OF A TOOTSIE POP? - Too many

19. CAN YOU SING THE ALPHABET BACKWARDS? - Definitely not

20. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON AN AIRPLANE? - Yes

21. ARE YOU AN ONLY CHILD? - I have two older brothers

22. DO YOU PREFER ELECTRIC OR MANUAL PENCIL SHARPENER?Either

23. WHAT’S YOUR STAND ON HUNTING? - I don't like it

24. IS MARRIAGE IN YOUR FUTURE? - Only God knows

25. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? - I wish it was better

26. WHAT ARE YOU ALLERGIC TO? - No known allergies

27. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAID, “I LOVE YOU?" – Earlier in the week to my niece

28. IS ELVIS STILL ALIVE? - No way

29. DO YOU CRY AT WEDDINGS? - I haven't so far, am I supposed to?

30. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS? - Scrambled

31. ARE BLONDES DUMB? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

32. WHERE DOES THE OTHER SOCK END UP? - Good question

33. WHAT TIME IS IT? - 10:02 am

34. DO YOU HAVE A NICKNAME? - Jen, Jenny, Jennerizer, Jenny the Great...lol...it's true!

35. IS MCDONALD’S DISGUSTING? - Noooo, love McDonald's fries

36. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE IN A CAR? – last night

37.DO YOU PREFER BATHS OR SHOWERS? - Showers

38. IS SANTA CLAUS REAL? - If you don’t believe, you don’t receive.

39. DO YOU LIKE TO HAVE YOUR NECK KISSED? Mmmmm

40. ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK? No, love the dark

41. WHAT ARE YOU ADDICTED TO? Caffeine at the moment...and junk food

42. CRUNCHY OR CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER? - Crunchy

43. CAN YOU CRACK YOUR NECK? - Not on purpose

44. HAVE YOU EVER RIDDEN IN AN AMBULANCE? Yes, once, back in 1996, it was a dark & stormy night.....just kidding! I had a gallstone attack - only I didn't know I had gallstones at the time & thought I was dying, plus I figured it would get the ER staff to help me faster, I can't remember if that theory worked or not

45. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BRUSHED YOUR TEETH TODAY? - Once

46. IS DRUG FREE THE WAY TO BE? - Yes

47. ARE YOU A HEAVY SLEEPER? - Not really

48. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR EYES? - Blue

50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR LIFE? - It could be tweaked a little, but as of right now...things are pretty good - I hope my sister-in-law & her sister are ok...say a prayer

51. WHOSE IS BETTER? - I don't compare myself that way to others

52. ARE YOU PSYCHIC? – Sometimes = womanly intuition

53. HAVE YOU READ “CATCHER IN THE RYE”? - I don't think so

54. DO YOU PLAY ANY INSTRUMENTS? - No, but I wish I could play the piano

55. HAVE U EVER STOLEN MONEY? - No

56. CAN YOU SNOWBOARD? - No

57. DO YOU LIKE CAMPING? - Nooooo

58. DO U SNORT WHEN U LAUGH? - No

59. DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC? - It's all an illusion, not that that's a bad thing either

60. ARE DOGS A MAN’S BEST FRIEND? - To a degree

61. YOU BELIEVE IN DIVORCE? - It's nice to have options I guess, some marriages are mistakes, sometimes people grow in different directions...to each their own

62. CAN YOU DO THE MOONWALK? - No

63. DO YOU MAKE A LOT OF MISTAKES? - No, I'm perfect! Yeah, right!!!! Is it a mistake if you learn from it?

64. IS IT COLD OUTSIDE TODAY? - It's beautiful outside

65. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? - Coldstone Ice Cream

66. DO YOU WEAR NAIL POLISH? - Sometimes

67. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN KISSED? - Yessssss

68. WHAT’S THE MOST ANNOYING TV COMMERCIAL? - anything political lately - living in Florida, every other commercial seems like it's either Obama or McCain.....grrrrr = annoying

69. DO YOU SHOP AT AMERICAN EAGLE? - No

70. FAVORITE BAND AT THE MOMENT? - Maroon 5, Lifehouse and Tim McGraw & his band

Ok, now you know me a little better...if you made it this far! I've been off of work all week - trying to get my house organized. I got one big project done, but my house is a mess - wish me luck!


I'm not going to comment very much about work last week - mostly because I've blocked it out of my mind (and partly cause of short-term memory loss = hey, I'm almost 40, it's allowed!). I do remember one of my patients had an order for Cardizem because his heart rate was in the 150's...but the nurse never bothered to start the Cardizem drip. She didn't even know it was ordered. When asked how long the patient's heart rate was in the 150's, she said "about 3 hours now." Ughhhhh! I stopped report right then & insisted she go hang it right now. Scary stuff.

Anyways, I saw "Nights in Rodanthe" last night. It wasn't bad. Half the movie I spent staring at Richard Gere & Diane Lane while thinking "They are getting old!" Which then reminded me that if they are getting old, I must be getting old too. Sigh!

Today, my brother & I are taking his kids to the county fair. The weather is beautiful & I just know there is a funnel cake waiting for me!

Happy Halloween everyone!!!!!


2 comments:

mandy said...

Thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog. It is always fun to hear nice things!

Katie-Wisconsin said...

I just have to tell you-your blog is extremely inspirational to me. You are saving my career at this point. It's really nice to see that the experiences and situations that I am going through right now are normal to new nurses. I graduated Dec 07 with my ADN after working as a CNA for 8 yrs and LPN for 1 yr. I stayed at the nursing home I was working at until 3 mos ago when I accepted a staff nurse position in the float pool on night shift. The floating includes 7 different floors but for "new" nurses-they stay on med surg for the first six mos. I oriented for the first eight weeks and have been on my own for about four weeks now. All was ok until this last week. It would take me way too long to describe the craziness I've been through but knowing other people have gone through it and survived is very comforting. PS-why do experienced nurses put on a front with the new nurses and act like they've always "known it all?" I don't get that-it's as if showing they're superior makes them feel good. Whatev. I'll make it! Thank you!