Sunday, September 27, 2009

I'm back!

Why is it that I always feel like I need a vacation when I get back from being on vacation? I am exhausted! Luckily I don't go back to work until Tuesday night.

I went to Orlando & Tampa with my brother, niece & nephew. I don't think I'll be doing that again until next summer. They drain me. Physically, mentally, emotionally......drain meeeeeee. There were some good times, fun times, relaxing times...those I cherish. What aggravates me is having to pay for everything & then have them complaining in the process. That's the reason this won't be happening again until next year. I would go insane.

We started out at my favorite hotel in Orlando. It's so casual, relaxing, nice pools, great outdoor restaurant and an ice cream shop that is soooooo yummy. Plus the discount I got was like 60% off the rooms. I'm already thinking of taking myself back there next month just to relax by the pool for a couple of days.

Thursday we went to Tampa & Busch Gardens. It was pretty empty there, which was nice...but the 101 degree weather was not. Hotttttttttttttttt!!! We checked into Embassy Suites after that & just relaxed for the next day. Friday night I took them all to Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens. Soooo many haunted houses. That was the fun part. It was so crowded with younger people though. I'm officially old...I know this because looking around & seeing all the younger people drinking alcohol & acting like morons was annoying rather than entertaining.

Saturday we went to Adventure Island...Busch Garden's water park. It was really nice. Not too crowded. Loved the wave pool. It's got me thinking about buying passes to one of the water parks in Orlando. I'll reconsider next year.

I'm back now...sunburnt on my back (ouch). I wish I had more time off. I'm actually thinking about going back to part-time status....just because this 40 hours a week is so repetitive (lol). I'll wait until next year to decide. If I can get my credit card bills paid off, then I'll probably definitely do it.

I need to get refocused.....back on me. I do so much for others...at work, at home.....that I put myself last. It's starting to take a toll. I need to change that. I want to be balanced, relaxed & happy...and that all begins with focusing on me.

I never did make it to Atlanta due to the flooding they were having. I saw pictures of the rollercoasters underwater & was amazed they were able to open this weekend. Maybe one day I'll get up there...but not anytime soon.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

No comments: