Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bye Bye February

I've hardly posted this month & in less than 30 min, the month will be over. Jeez, I'm a slacker!

Tomorrow starts our new patient ratio. At least it's supposed to start. I have doubts as we need to hire like 12 more night nurses & who knows how many on days. Maybe they'll offer some overtime. Not that I really want to work anymore than I already do. I don't know if it's the weather or that I'm getting older or what...but after 3 nights of work, I'm exhausted for like the next 3 nights off. All I do is sleep.

I'll blame it on this cold weather. I cannot stand it. I live in Florida. It should be warm! Last night we were like 9 degrees warmer than Chicago & New Jersey. So not fair!!

The Winter Olympics are over.....I'm gonna miss it. I don't think I've ever watched this much of the Olympics before. Again, I'll blame it on the weather. I have enjoyed it though. 2014 will be here before we know it.

My patient that passed away last week. Still no definite word on why he became septic, so I had to come up with my own theory...just to stop thinking about it so much. I think his gallbladder was infected & possibly burst a little...thus leaking the infection into the rest of his body. The three doctors that came in to see him prior to his death had no clue he was on the verge of death. In a strange way, that makes me feel a little better. I mean if three docs couldn't see it coming, how was I to know? It's still sad though. He was such a good guy...one of those that helped everyone & would say a prayer - even for the not so kind people in this world. We lost a good man that morning, but for whatever reason, God needed him more I suppose. I'm done worrying about it. It definitely was a swift reminder of just how fragile life is & even those of us that aren't overloaded with health problems can be taken in an instant. Enjoy each day.

My birthday is in a week. In some ways it seems like this past year went by so quickly & in others...like it was a very long year. No special plans...just hang out with my family.

I'm back on my own tomorrow night...no more orientee. It was fun while it lasted. Hope all of our new grads do well. It's kinda neat to see how nervous & weary they are. I know I was that way when I started too.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!

No comments: