Sunday, September 5, 2010

Uneventful

Not too much going on lately. It's been a couple of uneventful weeks (my favorite type of weeks!). I don't know if it's cause of my age or just the line of work I am in, but I am so forgetful. Like just to try to remember what type of patients I had in the last week or two...I draw a blank. Maybe it's what nurses do....forget the past so we can focus on the present. I don't know. Lately it's to the point that I can barely even remember patient's names & I only have 3 or 4 patients a night! I refer to them by room numbers...which I'm sure HIPAA is happy about, but it stinks when you go in a patient's room & can't remember their name. Now I see why so many nurses call their patients honey or dear. I have yet to do that...I just don't refer to strangers with pet names. Now if it's my niece or my dog...I call them a zillion different cute things, but strangers...nope, just not my thing.

I have 3 weeks left with my orientee. I'm hoping there will be a new hire so I can have another trainee, but so far I've heard nothing. It's been a long time since I've had to take patients on my own. Oh well, it's not like I'm not capable of it. Of course I'm hoping it opens up the possibility of being called off. They seem to skip me since I have an orientee. Then again, it also puts me on the float list. I dread being floated. It's like taking a fish out of water....it's so not my comfort zone. Especially when they float me to ICU. So far I've been able to avoid that, but I'm sure I won't always be able to pull that off. ICU is just not for me.

In other news...I went to my first IMAX movie last night. I saw Inception & I have to say...IMAX is amazing. Definitely worth the extra money just for the comfortable seats. Inception was a bit confusing though.

Not too much else is really going on. I've been slowly redecorating my house. I have so many things I want to buy....new refrigerator, new tv's, new couch, new car...but nothing is absolutely necessary & I want no bills. So I shall save my money & hopefully by December I'll be able to get some the things I'm wanting. One good thing...my mortgage is paid off. Woo hoo...I am officially debt free. :)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I've just been taking it easy. Time seems to fly by faster than ever. I don't get it. Even the days where I have absolutely nothing planned & don't even leave the house...the time flies by. I guess it's all part of getting older.

No comments: