I swear I don't know where the time goes. The last 5 years have literally flown by. It was 5 years ago that I had had enough at the last hospital I was at & I started over at my current hospital. At times it feels like I have been there forever, but most of the time I think there is no way it has been 5 years already! So many staff has come & go...yet I'm still there. Sometimes I wonder why...because it has gone from admin having no real involvement in our jobs to admin being complete control freaks even down to the words we are supposed to say to our patients. All because of a government satisfaction survey. I'm not gonna rant about that right now. Just don't feel like it.
In other news, I somehow got talked into getting a puppy. I don't know why I agreed.....well, she is simply adorable...but a puppy is like a newborn. SO MUCH WORK! I had it made with my 6 yr old dog who does no wrong. I now have a 3 1/2 month old german shepherd/rottweiler mix named Timber (yes, after the Ke$ha song...it's going downnnn, I'm yelling Timberrrrrr). 75% of the time she is good. The other 25% is still a battle trying to housebreak her & she is the biggest drool monster I've ever seen. I have never had a dog drool while anxious. When I put her in the crate when I have to leave the house...she drools non-stop. Like basically gives herself a bath in all the drool she creates. But it is even worse in the car...she drools & then eventually gets sick. Needless to say, she only goes for car rides when absolutely necessary. Like today...for her second set of shots. Drooled everywhere...looked like I gave her a bath before taking her to the vet. So embarrassing. I'm hoping she grows out of this.
My niece went to her prom tonight. She's a junior. I can't believe she's 17 & going to prom. I still remember when I went. Sigh, time sure does fly.