Friday, May 13, 2005

Early morning

I'm up early - why do you ask?  Because I agreed to work 2 extra shifts this week.  So I'll be working Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon & Tues nights.  I must be insane!  I'm praying for some great patients that don't take a lot of meds at night.  :)  My patients earlier this week - none of them had any midnight or 6 am meds ordered.  It was nice!  I'll keep you updated on how my 60 hr week goes.

I forgot to add, this past week was "Nurses Week."  My hospital gave us a dinner - which I didn't go to.  I slept instead.  And at that dinner they handed out some Burt's Bees Wax products for foot care - which is important.  I'm finding that my feet are really sore after the end of the week.  I need to find someone to massage them.  Any takers???  <g>  On Sunday evening, they gave us ice cream & a thermos.  And on Tuesday evening they gave us pizza & a drink.  I also got a shirt that says my hospital name on it & the department I work in...that wasn't for nurses week though, everyone in the hospital is getting those. 

We still have JCAHO coming to our hospital - for those of you in nursing, you know those are the big guns.  I am praying they don't ask me stuff I don't know.  I think they are supposed to be here this week or next week.  Rumor has it they've already been there, but I would think we would have noticed - I would hope anyways!  We shall see. 

Ok, enough chit chat, time to go take a shower & then get back to sleep before my 5-day marathon begins.  Ciao!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Nurse's Week to you!
We got a little plaque and a card with a gift certificate for free scrubs here. The foot stuff though sounds great!
Have a great week and talk to you soon-
Nora