Friday, September 16, 2005

Angel Cupcakes

The other night at work, a patient gave the nursing staff a cake with an angel drawn on the top in frosting & something like 20 or 30 cupcakes which each had a gold angel pin attached to it as well as flowers for one nurse that took care of the patient.  It was very sweet!  It's nice to be appreciated.

I had the other half of my ACLS prep class today.  It is an excellent class or maybe I just lucked out & had excellent instructors.  The actual ACLS class is in 2 weeks.  Today we all got to take part in mock codes & be the nurse in charge of the code.  Although I don't like having to stand up in front of a room of people, afterwards I could definitely tell my confidence was boosted after walking through the code.  Gina found a great web site for ACLS practice.  I think it's www.ACLS.net. I'm going to check it out shortly.  Practice makes perfect, right???

After class I went to my first hospital to drop off my schedule for October & November = 4 scheduled days.  The woman that handles the schedules was practically begging me to pick up some shifts this weekend.  She even thru in a $100 bonus for each shift I picked up.  I told her I'd call her back in about an hour.  I had to think it over & also see if Gina was interested in working.  We decided to pick up Sunday night.  Why not?  It's extra money.  I have a feeling that we'll be getting more offers like that over the next few months as the snowbirds return from up north & the hospital census increases.  I like extra money.  :) 

I cannot wait for fall weather to show up.  It is soooo hot right now.  I'm talking 96 degrees plus humidity.  As much as I complain about hot weather & hurricanes, I love Florida.  I don't think I could live anywhere else.  Ok, time to go back to my favorite activity = relaxing.  Have a good weekend everyone!

 

No comments: