Thursday, September 8, 2005

Tropical Storm Ophelia

My mood really isn't loopy, rather it's "tired."  I am getting ready to get some sleep here in a few minutes.  Tonight is my last night of work for the week at the new hospital.  I'll fill ya all in on the details later this weekend. 

We have a tropical storm about 70 miles off the coast over here in central FL.  My county is way overreacting (probably cause of the mistakes the state & local govt of LA made with Hurricane Katrina).  They have closed all public schools AND they are opening up 3 evacuation shelters.  This storm isn't even projected to come onland, so I think they are definitely jumping the gun in order to avoid any negative publicity. 

We have had quite a bit of rain, but nothing really extraordinary.  Hopefully this storm will go away & not come back.  I cannot wait until the end of November - when hurricane season is officially over!

No comments: