Monday, September 26, 2005

How?

How in the world did I ever make it through nursing school?  I was planning to spend the weekend studying my ACLS material...reading, making note cards, getting things straight in my head for the mock code I'll have on Saturday.  Guess what I accomplished = nothing.  Yep, that's right...NOTHING.  Didn't even open the book!  I had 4 days off....got nothing accomplished.  Well, not exactly nothing - I did manage to do laundry, clean up around the house just a little bit, spend time with my family, have my niece spend the night - so that's something, right?

I fell asleep last night at 8 pm.  Yep...8 pm.  Don't worry, I taped Desperate Housewives & Greys Anatomy.  I woke up around 2 am & watched those shows...those excellent, excellent shows.  I'm getting ready to go back to sleep - but I must at least do something with this ACLS stuff first (yeah, right)! 

On an off topic, I did manage to win a bet this weekend & as a result...my SUV will be detailed for free thanks to Aaron's misfortune.  We bet on the Nascar race & I won (thanks Tony Stewart)!  It's lovebug season right now (icky nasty bugs that go "splat" all over your car)....so I think I'll wait to collect on the bet until the lovebugs are gone.

Ok......study time!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your posts, more so since my MIL has been in ICU for the past two weeks.  I was wondering what you could suggest I bring to the wonderful nursing staff at the hospital.  They have been so great to her and to us.  What does a nurse like to receive from the patients' family?  Thanks