Tuesday, November 7, 2006

An Amazing Outlook

Hmmm...what to write about??? I worked Sunday night...another easy night. It's starting to scare me a little...like am I just having easy nights or am I just more relaxed at what I do? Probably a combination of both. I did have one amazing patient...amazing in the fact that he has cancer & it's spreading & he has totally accepted that fact. He still has a smile on his face. Perhaps it's the age??? He's in his early 70's, feels he's lived his life & will accept what God gives him. He has a very supportive family which is good to see...sad knowing what they are dealing with, but inspiring to see how they band together to make life a little easier for him.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, I had a woman in her mid 80's that is ready to just let go & give up on life. She is refusing to eat...wants life to be over. I managed to get her to smile & to drink a little bit of Ensure...but you can't make someone do what they don't want to do. I tried to keep her as comfortable as possible.

I had volleyball last night...we won again & we only had 4 players. I have work tonight, then I'm off until Saturday night. My niece's b-day is Saturday...so we're celebrating a little early...Thursday night...as she'll be with her mom on Saturday.

Tony Stewart won again this past Sunday...I'm loving it. Speaking of loving it...I think I'm gonna end each journal entry with writing about something I love or enjoy...today since I just mentioned him....I'll say Tony Stewart. Even though he didn't make the "race for the chase"...he isn't giving up. He's still driving hard & having fun with it even though the best he can do this year is finish in 11th place. He is starting to remind me of Dale Earnhardt Sr...the way he dominates on the race track & can stir up trouble very easily yet still walk away with a smile. Only 2 races left in the season. :( Go #20 & #8.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are finding your own stride :)
Some people do have amazing outlooks even when faced with difficult situations.
I use to watch Nascar but haven't in a really long time. Way back when my 2 older kids were really small we got Kyle Petty's autograph. Matthew thought that was just too awesome for words :)

Have a great rest of the week!
Gretchen
http://journals.aol.com/ksgal3133/LivinginSavannah2