Friday, March 6, 2009

Last Day of the 30's

I simply can't believe it. Tomorrow I turn 40. I don't know how that happened. I certainly don't feel 40 years old & thankfully I don't look it either. Still though....40. Aacckk!

I got a call last night from the supervisor at the other hospital that I occasionally work at...saying that I was supposed to be there last night. What??? I haven't signed up for any shifts since the end of January. The manager says she has email confirmation...which is impossible because 2 days ago she was asking if I knew what days I might be available this month. I felt bad that they would be short a nurse....but that's the manager's fault, not mine.

I'm trying to relax a little bit when it comes to my usual hospital. I spoke to someone that works at another hospital within the same organization & she says they aren't having any problems. They just got huge bonuses and raises. It's discouraging & makes me wonder if one of our execs is embezzling money or something. Oh well, I'll ride it out & see what happens. If I didn't enjoy my co-workers so much, I'd leave......but it really does make a difference going to work somewhere when you enjoy the people you work with.

I'm picking up my niece & nephew this afternoon & heading over to my parents house. We have a lobster dinner planned (it's the usual birthday dinner). Tomorrow I'm meeting up with one of my best friends & staying the night at Buena Vista Palace...a hotel by Disney. It will be a nice getaway. Next week I'm hoping to remodel my room and bathroom....as well as fit in other lunches or dinners to celebrate my b-day....lol.

We'll see if what they say is true....that life begins at 40. Have a good weekend everyone!!!

7 comments:

sophistikatedsmiley said...

Have a greattt birthday! Age is nothing but a number! It's how you feel that matters :)

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Jen!!! I think 40 will be a fabulous year for you. Starting it off with a losbster dinner and a remodeled bedroom is just the beginning :)

Liz said...

Happy Birthday! You've got quite a bit on your plate for this weekend and the lobster part sounds delicious! Have fun!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday.

dx_acutefelicity said...

you are 40 years young! happy birthday! you know what they say.... 40 is the new 20. :-)

have a great day!

Pamela said...

Happy Birthday to you! Remember that Forty isn't Fatal. I remember Linda Evan's saying that when I was in my 20's on some commercial. What about 50?? I'll be 50 in Novemeber! EEEEKKKKSSSSS...I can't even SAY it without shivering!
Have a good weekend.

Carlene Noggle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET LADY!!! AND I'M WISHING FOR YOU MANY, MANY MORE.
love ya,
carlene