Thursday, March 12, 2009

No End in Sight

What did I get myself into? What was I thinking? Spring cleaning? Remodeling? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! How in the world did I end up with so much stuff?

No kidding....I must have thrown out at least 8 or more bags of garbage and have made 3 trips to Goodwill so far. I still have a ways to go!!!!! I am not buying anymore stuff for my house except food & laundry detergent....seriously!

My bathroom is still a work in progress. We gave up on removing the wallpaper as it was more trouble than it was worth. Instead my brother plastered over it. My mom tried to give it some textured design. We're waiting for it to dry for a few days & then will see how it looks with paint. I'm hoping I like it. We haven't even started on my bedroom. I want to see how the bathroom turns out first...before tearing my bedroom apart.

I return to work on Sunday...so my projects will be delayed a bit. My focus now is still on getting organized & getting rid of more stuff. I think I have enough candles to last the rest of my life & I'm not kidding. I love candles though. Notebooks on the other hand...why do I have so many notebooks? And pens? I could open up my own office supply store.

On a good note...my mom, aunt & cousins are planning a trip to Aruba in December. I asked my mom if she needed company (meaning ME). She has to check with my aunt, but hopefully it will work out because I've never been to Aruba before & it will be nice to have a trip to look forward to. December is a ways off, but I know it will be here before I know it.

The lunch on Tuesday was wonderful....we were there for 4 1/2 hours! Our waiter was a guy & he definitely did not understand how we could sit & chat for as long as we did. He must have come by no less than 15 times to see if we were ready to order. I love these monthly lunches with my family. My sister-in-law is going thru chemotherapy after having a double mastectomy. She is the bravest person I know & her attitude is just amazing. The outlook is good....supposedly all of this treatment she is going thru means she'll have less than a 2.5% chance of cancer reoccurring.

Ok, I need to get some sleep. Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Carlene Noggle said...

Hi Jennifer,
I'm going to keep my fingers crosed for you to get to go on your trip to Aruba! It would do you good to go and be with your family...oh what fun yall would have!!! I love the idea of a monthly family lunch !!! I am praying for the treatments to work and the cancer to be gone.
love ya,
carlene