Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I can't believe I only posted one time in December. Wow. Let me post some updates:

*lost another 5 lbs or so, still doing Weight Watchers although I really don't follow what they say. They switched to a new program which requires you to use a calculator for everything & that is just not me. I think what works is the fact I have to go weigh in every week, so I have really cut back on the junk I eat. I haven't stopped eating it completely & probably never will, but I am making better choices.

*I found a new trail to walk...which is a good thing. The bad thing...I was out there this morning & after a mile of walking, I tripped on a tree root & hurt my other foot. Grrrrrr. It's not bad, but I stopped walking & came home...just so I wouldn't make it worse. Hopefully it will heal quickly. My other ankle is still swollen, but no pain. I'm changing my name to Clumsy!

*Not even a month after I sign the contract for weekend option, my hospital decides to eliminate weekend option. The good news is that my contract is good until November. The bad news is that it won't be renewed. Well, unless they become really desperate. It aggravates me that they are eliminating every perk there is to being a nurse. They got rid of overtime bonuses and now weekend options. You would think they were overstaffed to be doing this, but nope....we are really busy & really understaffed. No doubt it's someone in administration deciding this stuff. Oh well, hopefully things will change.

*With that being said, sometimes I think about going back to my old hospital. Just because it's so conveniently located...5 miles from my house as opposed to 25 miles. I went out to lunch the other day & in the parking lot I see this truck with a license plate of my old hospital. I'm thinking "Who the heck would drive around with a hospital license plate on the front of their car?" Next thing I see...the CEO of that hospital getting into the truck. Is it a sign?

*I worked in ICU a couple of weeks ago & I said goodbye to my patient in the morning. As I'm walking down the hall to leave, I hear him frantically yelling "Jenniferrrrrrrrrr, takeeeeeeee meeeeeee withhhhhhh youuuuuu." I was so embarrassed because he kept yelling it louder & louder. Poor guy.

*I watched the best show ever last night...a documentary on Tim Tebow. I am a big fan....not a fanatic though. I don't have any Tebow jerseys or pictures or stuff like that, but I do admire him. I don't know what it is...when he speaks, I just want to listen. The documentary was awesome, he even makes exercise look fun! I don't think his calling is football...I think he's meant to do greater things than that, but for now, I hope he does well as quarterback in the NFL. They had an energy supplement commercial he supports & I'm sure I'm not the only one that went on & ordered the free sample. It's called FRS...I'll let you know how it is when I get it.

*Speaking of energy drinks, I was talked into trying Spark. Not sure if any of you have ever tried it...but so far I'm not impressed. Maybe because one of the main ingredients is 750% of B12......which should give one some extra energy, but I have Pernicious Anemia which means I cannot absorb B12 naturally, I take injections. I don't know if I feel any more energetic than when I don't drink the energy mix. Plus it has like 120 mg of Caffeine as well as a bunch of vitamins. I'm not sold on it. Thus the reason I'm willing to try FRS.

*I had lab work done last month & the results were great. Much better than when I had it done last March. So I guess diet, exercise & fish oil really do work. I'm actually looking forward to June when I will get lab work done again.

*Lady Gaga concert is in about 98 days. Seems far, but I know the next 3 months will go by quickly. I cannot wait! She better not cancel!

Ok, that's about all I can think of right now. It's time to go rest these weak feet of mine & watch the Jersey Shore premiere. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: