Sunday, May 12, 2013

What the ????????

Soooooo I went into work last night & upon entering my patient's room, she tells me she's burning up - yet she has the covers pulled up to her chin.  Me being the clever one that I am...suggested she take the blanket off.  She agrees & throws off her sheet & blanket & guess what!  She is dressed in navy blue scrubs....just like me & every other nurse in the hospital.  What the ???????  I felt like I was in an episode of that movie...what's it called...the one where the roommate tried to look exactly like the star in the movie....Single, White Female.  Creepy!  She then proceeds to tell me that it is her "going home" outfit, but since she wasn't going to be discharged tonight...could she please have a gown.  Huh???  

This is the same patient who the night before wanted to take a shower & had a doctor's order okaying it.......with her husband.  Who am I to object?  It is all about patient satisfaction, right????  

Just when I thought I had seen it all!!!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: