Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust

I'm sure you could have guessed from the title of this entry what I'm about to say....another nurse from my unit resigned tonight. Shocking! And she's going to the same hospital the rest of us are. I can only imagine what our management team is saying...probably something along the lines of WTF?

I have 4 shifts left...woo hoo. ACLS class next week. My mom has been at my house the last few days...making lots of progress on the remodeling. I wish I had taken some before pics, but oh well.

I splurged & bought a new king size mattress set. I'm a little irritated because even though they promised to deliver on Tuesday...they called & tried to push it off until Friday. I'm not a pushy person, but I made sure they knew I was annoyed...so supposedly it will be here sometime on Wednesday morning - although I'm fully expecting a call saying "We can't make it." I hate buying mattresses....it's about as much fun as buying a car & having to deal with the shady salesmen. It's taken me a long time to finally do this & I want it nowwwwww....well, actually I just want it when they promised to deliver it. Fingers crossed that it shows up on Wednesday & it's the one I ordered. In the back of my mind, they have you lay down on really nice beds in the store, but what shows up might look the same on the outside, but be totally cheap inside. Am I the only one that thinks like this?

I'll let ya know how it goes & try to snap a few pics of the changes I've made in my house!

p.s. Did everyone see the New Moon trailer on MTV Movie Awards the other night? For once, I am excited to see something related to the Twilight saga....mostly because of Jacob. It looks like they've done an awesome job with the werewolf aspect. Still another 5 1/2 months until it's released...sigh. I can only hope everyone else sees how lame Edward is......lol.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yowza. Maybe they should start to look into what is going on (and act a little quicker!!!). I saw the trailer too. How sad is it that I want an 18 year old vampire as my boyfriend? Le sigh.....

LivingDeadNurse said...

not an edward fan i take it..lol