Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Psst....Santa

That guilt I was feeling earlier about calling in to work...it's gone. My back is improving, but now it's like the parts of my back, legs & hips that have been compensating for my lower back...well they are stiff & achy. There is no way I could have made it 12 hours at work.

Pam...are they not allowed to ask us why we are calling in? Because they still ask us specifically what is wrong.

Pssst....Santa....please bring me a new heating pad and massager to help this back pain go away. What I have now isn't working.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Where I used to work they wanted details. I used to have to tell them EVERYTHING. Then, they weren't allowed to ask. All a nurse had to say was that she is sick and won't be in. They were not allowed to question. That made it nice because all they'd say is "Ok, hope you feel better" and that was that.
I can't do those 12's anymore. Too rough for me.
Have a good day and I hope you're feeling better.

Amanda said...

Hmmm. they are not allowed to ask us specifics when we call out. Not sure if the rules vary by state. Hope your back is gettig better soon. And yes, they guilt trip us too. In fact, when I called out becasue I was going into preterm labor, they tried to whine about being short staffed, so I said, "Know what, I am not sick- I am in labor! So, sorry. I can not come in!"