I've seen plenty of those baby shows on tv where the mom-to-be is ordered to be on bedrest & then they show the mom not complying at all. I remember thinking "I wish someone would order me to stop working and be on bedrest." Now I understand why it's so difficult.
I'm sure it's psychological because if my back were fine and I was able to do the 29,304 things that I need to do, I would be procrastinating by lying in bed for hours at a time. That's just the way my brain works.
Things I have been doing (while trying to rest) to pass the time:
1) Watching the 10 ER's that I had on my DVR. I'm gonna miss that show since this is the last season.
2) Playing "Hospital Hustle" online to make up for calling in sick twice this week. They actually have a game where the nurse runs around doing patient care!
3) Started reading "Twilight", but have yet to see what is so thrilling & addictive about this book. My 12-yr old niece swoons just looking at the cover - she read it in less than 2 days. I'm on page 70...still not loving it, but hoping that I will. I bought the other 3 books that go with the series....as a present to my niece of course (which I plan to read, if I can ever get thru the first one). Amanda....will this pick up or am I just not a Twilight follower???
4) Checking Dell.com repeatedly to see if the laptop I got for my niece has shipped yet. They say Dec. 18th, but I'm hoping it will be sooner. I got her a pink laptop!
5) Celebrating that I saved about $100 on xbox 360 elite...thanks to fatwallet.com. If anyone likes the latest deals...that's the place to look. My nephew is gonna be thrilled.
6) Comparing routers as I attempt to get both my niece (with her laptop) and my nephew (with his xbox 360) online. It's confusing to me as 10 people can say "this is the best router ever" while the next 10 say "this is the worst thing ever made." I guess I need to just buy one, hook the stuff up & hope for the best.
7) Thinking of other Christmas presents to buy.
8) Soooooooooo glad I didn't schedule myself to work between Dec 19th & Dec 31st.
9) Thinking about my sister-in-law, her surgery is this Monday.
10) Thinking about my cousin who has stage 4 breast and liver cancer. :(
11) Enjoying facebook.com as I have run into so many high school classmates on there. And I also get to see (via pictures and video) how my oldest niece is doing in her first year of college.
12) Missing my puppy dog Shay...as she is at my brother's house as I try to get better.
13) Only 2 more days until my niece & I are going to see Carrie Underwood in concert. Luckily when I bought the tickets...I picked the last row in the first section - which means I don't have to walk down many stairs. And now with the achy back, I can stand up & stretch whenever I want as no one is behind us. Weird how those things work out.I called in sick to work again yesterday. It was the same charge nurse, but she seemed to be in a better mood. She joked around, didn't ask what was wrong....just said "If you're sick, you're sick." My thoughts exactly. And yes, hardly being able to walk counts as being sick in my world.
It is raining today & I love it. Gives me even more of a reason (mentally) to stay home & inside & in bed.
Hope everyone is having a good day!