Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Up early

I went to sleep at 9 pm last night - one day I'll have a normal sleep schedule. Of course now I'm up early. I plan to study a little & then go back to bed since I'm working tonight.

I had an awful dream last night. I guess the anxiety of the nclex is starting to set in. I dreamt that my classmates & I were taking a test. The instructor made us answer one question first & if we got it wrong, we had to have an ABG drawn (blood draw from an arterial line). Well I was the only one that got it wrong. So while my classmates got to continue with the exam, I had to have blood drawn by someone that had never done it before. Needless to say, it took way more time than necessary & it hurt! After that was done, I was sent back to take the exam. I was scrambling to get it done on time. Most of my classmates were finishing up & I was nowhere close to finishing. So the instructor said I could go into a private room to finish - Goldie Hawn then appears & takes me to the room. Instead of having peace & quiet to finish the test, Goldie just keeps talking & laughing so I never got to finish the exam. Grrrrrrrr! It is so strange how the mind works, isn't it? I hope the rest of the week isn't filled with dreams like that.

My sister-in-law sent me some pictures of my oldest nephew Eric. I can't believe how grown up he is. He's 17 so of course he's growing up, but I still remember him as "baby Eric." He was the first grandchild in the family. It's weird how you don't feel like you've aged at all, but then you look at the children that used to be babies & now they are practically adults - such a reminder of how much time has gone by. I was 18 when he was born & here he is almost 18. Where did the time go?

No comments: